TAP – Pest Control Insulation
Thermal – Acoustical – Pest Control
T∙A∙P is a natural cellulose fiber insulation treated with boric acid and other proprietary formulations to produce a fire-retardant, sound-deadening insulation with pest-controlling properties. T∙A∙P is acceptable for use around humans and pets, but deadly to crawling insects because the boric acid attaches to the bodies of the pests as they crawl through or nest in the insulation. Since these pests are “self-grooming” insects, they ingest the boric acid when they groom themselves.As the pests cannot excrete the boric acid, it accumulates in the gut, eventually proving lethal due to dehydration, malnutrition, or both.
To Humans, boric acid is considered to be about as poisonous as table salt but for insects . T∙A∙P is a U. S. EPA-labeled pesticide.
As part of a total pest management package, T∙A∙P can be used to cap existing insulation in attics, or can be installed in the attics, walls and crawlspaces of new construction.
TAP INTO THE BENEFITS
And General Information
- Thermal insulation is a material that has air-filled cells or voids, or heat-reflective surfaces, which retard the transfer of heat to cold.
- Acoustical insulation retards the transmission of sound.
- Pest Control insulation, while performing the other functions of thermal and acoustical, is labeled to control listed insects. By Federal law, such insulation(and the manufacturing plant) must be registered with the U.S. EPA, and carry an EPA-approved label. Additionally, the product must be registered with the pest control authorities in each state in which it is sold or manufactured. Because T∙A∙P is an EPA-labeled pesticide, in many states only a licensed PMP may sell the insulation.
T•A•P Pest Control Insulation is one the best performing insulations on the market. T•A•P outperforms traditional fiberglass insulation by 32% and, as a denser, loose-fill insulation, T•A•P fills in all of the nooks and crannies traditional insulation rolls do not. The science tells the story, but simply put, T•A•P just works better.
No other insulation product comes close.
- TAP is denser than fiberglass insulation and a better insulator of both heat and sound
- Tap forms a barrier to destructive insects in your attic and crawl spaces
- Tap is made all-natural boric acid and recycled newsprint
- Tap is fire proof contains a fire-retardant chemical that actually makes homes and businesses less vulnerable to fire. Ordinary fiberglass insulation
- TAP is Blown-in forms a perfect fit in your wall or attic, seeking nooks and crannies, filling the entire cavity